TMJ Treatment - Weston, WI
Dr. Bublik Talks About TMD/TMJ Treatment
If you’re experiencing jaw pain you may need treatment for TMJ. Our office in Weston, WI provides TMJ Therapy services. TMJ is the abbreviation of temporomandibular joints, which serve the crucial function of connecting the jawbone to the skull. However, even a slight misalignment has negative consequences for both your oral health and overall wellbeing.
Common Symptoms of TMJ Disorder
- Neck Pain: The way your teeth fit together directly affects the way your skull rests on your neck, leading to discomfort.
- Jaw Pain: This is commonly caused by “trigger points,” or small knots in your muscle that will radiate pain or redirect it to different areas like your teeth.
- Sleep Disorders: Nearly 75% of people who suffer from TMJ disorder also experience sleep apnea.
- Headaches: An imbalance of the jaw muscles and the muscles located in the head can lead to migraines, tension headaches, cluster headaches, and especially morning headaches.
- Ringing Ears (Tinnitus): Malfunctions with the temporomandibular joints and ear tissue can lead to a constant ringing noise.
Once we understand your unique case, we can get to work on correcting the misalignment, which may involve an orthotic device or restoring specific teeth.
With the help of neuromuscular dentistry, the dentistry team at Dental Visions treats your unique TMJ disorder in a completely non-invasive manner. During your first visit to our Weston dental practice, we’ll use observation and digital x-rays to discover the exact is cause of your symptoms. Once we understand your unique case, we can get to work on correcting the misalignment, which may involve an orthotic device or restoring specific teeth.