Gum Disease - Weston, WI
Effective, Health-saving Periodontics
Dental Visions is proud to offer periodontal therapy for Weston, WI. Gum disease (also known as periodontal disease) is a very common oral health condition. In fact, nearly three out of four American adults suffer from a mild to severe case. While symptoms seem harmless at first, they can quickly lead to damaging consequences like bone deterioration or tooth loss. At Dental Visions, our dentists strive to identify the presence of gum disease at the earliest stages so we can treat it quickly and effectively.
Common Signs of Gum Disease
- Gums that are red, puffy, or exceptionally tender
- Gums that bleed when brushing, flossing, or eating
- A sudden change in the way your bite feels
- Facial pain and/or discomfort within the mouth
- Severe bad breath that persists after diligent oral hygiene
- Teeth that suddenly look longer (a common sign of a gum line that’s receded)
Our dentists strive to identify the presence of gum disease at the earliest stages so we can treat it quickly and effectively.
State-of-the-art Soft Tissue Laser
Our team is dedicated to treating patients using the most advanced tools and techniques in the dental field, and that includes our state-of-the-art soft tissue laser. This laser allows us to cut away infected tissue more precisely than ever before. With a soft tissue laser, the treated area is immediately sterilized, and bleeding is usually minimized so that patients don’t even need sutures.